Delaware Bankruptcy Insider:
Be In The Know
About This Blog
The Delaware Bankruptcy Insider is a premier blog designed to bring its readers a comprehensive analysis of the latest Delaware corporate bankruptcy news and rulings. Brought to you by Ashby & Geddes, P.A.
Judges and Courts
- Delaware Court of Chancery
- Delaware District Court
- Delaware Supreme Court
- Judge Brendan L. Shannon
- Judge Christopher S. Sontchi
- Judge Kevin Gross
- Judge Kevin J. Carey
- Judge Laurie Selber Silverstein
- Judge Mary F. Walrath
- Judge Peter J. Walsh
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Getting Noticed in the Digital Age: Delaware Bankruptcy Court Finds Email Notice Satisfies Due Process but Not Rule 2002
- Third Circuit Reversal Paves the Way For NextEra to Potentially Recover Administrative Expenses Incurred in Connection With Failed Merger
- Delaware District Court Disagrees with Bankruptcy Court’s Ruling and Holds That Committee’s Challenge Rights Survived Entry of the Sale Order and Consummation of Sale
For more information
Ricardo Palacio, Esq.
Gregory A. Taylor, Esq.
Ashby & Geddes, P.A.
500 Delaware Avenue
P.O. Box 1150
Wilmington, Delaware 19899-1150
Tidbits From The Delaware Bankruptcy Court On In Pari Delicto and Equitable Subordination
Lightsway Litig. Servs., LLC v. Yung (In re Tropicana Enter., LLC), Adv. No. 10-50289 (KJC), 2014 WL 6704445 (Bankr. D. Del. Nov. 25, 2014)
In this Memorandum, the Honorable Kevin J. Carey disposes of certain claims against William J. Yung III (“Yung”), the former director and CEO of Tropicana Entertainment LLC (with its affiliated entities, the “Debtors”) and certain entities controlled by Yung, Wimar Tahoe Corporation (“Wimar”), the parent corporation of the Debtors, and Columbia Sussex Corporation (“Columbia” and together with Wimar and Yung, the “Defendants”). Notably, the Court discusses—albeit briefly—two developing legal concepts in the Third Circuit… Read More