Delaware Bankruptcy Insider:
Be In The Know
About This Blog
The Delaware Bankruptcy Insider is a premier blog designed to bring its readers a comprehensive analysis of the latest Delaware corporate bankruptcy news and rulings. Brought to you by Ashby & Geddes, P.A.
Judges and Courts
- Delaware Court of Chancery
- Delaware District Court
- Delaware Supreme Court
- Judge Brendan L. Shannon
- Judge Christopher S. Sontchi
- Judge Kevin Gross
- Judge Kevin J. Carey
- Judge Laurie Selber Silverstein
- Judge Mary F. Walrath
- Judge Peter J. Walsh
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Getting Noticed in the Digital Age: Delaware Bankruptcy Court Finds Email Notice Satisfies Due Process but Not Rule 2002
- Third Circuit Reversal Paves the Way For NextEra to Potentially Recover Administrative Expenses Incurred in Connection With Failed Merger
- Delaware District Court Disagrees with Bankruptcy Court’s Ruling and Holds That Committee’s Challenge Rights Survived Entry of the Sale Order and Consummation of Sale
For more information
Ricardo Palacio, Esq.
Gregory A. Taylor, Esq.
Ashby & Geddes, P.A.
500 Delaware Avenue
P.O. Box 1150
Wilmington, Delaware 19899-1150
Bankruptcy Court Permits Stipulated Dismissal Over Objection of Potential Intervenor
Tampa Port Auth. v. Taylor (In re Irish Bank Resolution Corp. Ltd.), No. 14-50084 (CSS), 2014 WL 1884916 (Bankr. D. Del. May 12, 2014)
In this Memorandum Order, the Honorable Christopher S. Sontchi allowed dismissal of an adversary proceeding by voluntary stipulation signed by the plaintiff and all defendants pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 41(a)(1)(A)(ii). The Court allowed the dismissal over the objection of Liberty Channelside, LLC (“Liberty”), which previously sought to intervene in the proceeding but had not yet been granted authority to do so.
By way of background, the adversary proceeding (the… Read More
Irish Insolvency Proceeding of Irish Bank Resolution Corporation Limited Granted Recognition Under Chapter 15
In re Irish Bank Resolution Corp. Ltd. (In Special Liquidation), No. 13-12159 (CSS) (Bankr. D. Del. Apr. 30, 2014)
On December 18, 2013, the Honorable Christopher S. Sontchi entered an Order granting recognition under Chapter 15 of the Bankruptcy Code of the insolvency-related Irish proceeding of Irish Bank Resolution Corporation… Read More