About This Blog
The Delaware Bankruptcy Insider is a premier blog designed to bring its readers a comprehensive analysis of the latest Delaware corporate bankruptcy news and rulings. Brought to you by Ashby & Geddes, P.A.
Judges and Courts
- Delaware Court of Chancery
- Delaware District Court
- Delaware Supreme Court
- Judge Brendan L. Shannon
- Judge Christopher S. Sontchi
- Judge Kevin Gross
- Judge Kevin J. Carey
- Judge Laurie Selber Silverstein
- Judge Mary F. Walrath
- Judge Peter J. Walsh
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Delaware District Court Disagrees with Bankruptcy Court’s Ruling and Holds That Committee’s Challenge Rights Survived Entry of the Sale Order and Consummation of Sale
- “Straddling the Line”: Delaware Bankruptcy Court Rules That Not All Tax Liabilities Incurred During a Debtor’s Petition Year are Eligible for Administrative Expense Priority
- Insider’s Scoop: Judge Silverstein Imposes Heightened Standard Regarding Appointment of Future Claims Representative
For more information
Delaware Bankruptcy Court’s Local Rules For 2016 Now Effective
The Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware’s Local Rules for 2016 went effective February 1, 2016. A copy of the 2016 Local Rules can be found here and a redline of the 2016 Local Rules against the 2015 Local Rules can be found here.
Of particular note, the Court instituted a formal rule regarding special and emergency hearings in Chapter 11 cases, providing that a party in interest may request a special or emergency hearing by promptly filing a notice of the hearing on the docket and specifying the discrete issue(s) before the Court. See DEL. BANKR. L.R. 2002-1(a)(ii). The Court also established a new local rule providing that a motion under Bankruptcy Rule 2004 is not required if the proposed examinee agrees to voluntarily appear or produce documents. DEL. BANKR. L.R. 2004-1(c). Finally, the Court introduced a new rule permitting a combined hearing—subject to certain requirements—on the approval of a disclosure statement and plan confirmation in liquidating Chapter 11 cases. DEL. BANKR. L.R. 3017-2.